Max Persons: 12
Duration: 1 Days (6 hours)
This course is ideal for coaches, leaders and guides who are involved in paddlesport or other water-based activities. Candidates successfully completing this course will be equipped to respond to a medical emergency or accident where water is an additional hazard.
Note: The skills learned on this course are also relevant to the home environment and workplace. The course is longer than an Emergency First Aid at Work course due to the extra training given to working in a paddlesport arena.
- roles and responsibilities of a first aider;
- assessing an incident;
- unconscious casualties (including seizure);
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation; including mannequins dressed in buoyancy aid and helmet
- Safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Wounds and bleeding;
- Medical emergencies (Heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis)
- Minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters);
- Environmental (Hypothermia and Hyperthermia
Successful candidates will be awarded the Aquatic First Aid Level 1 certificate valid for 3 years.
The award is certificated by British Canoeing Lifeguards.
Duration: one-day (7 hours)
Maximum Group size: 12 Candidates per 1 Trainer/Assessor
Assessment method: Activities, test paper, practical assessment
Pre-requisite: Minimum age of 16
OPEN SESSIONS£80 per person
(min of 6 clients) inclusive of VAT, certification, first aid manual, refreshments
GROUP BOOKINGS£400 per group
inclusive of VAT, certification, first aid manual, refreshments