Max Persons: 4
Duration: 1 Days (7 hours)
This course is for paddlesport coaches and First Aid providers who want to deliver the Aquatic First Aid (Level 1) award certificated by the Awarding Body British Canoeing. Candidates, will then be given three months preparation to before a separate assessment process as they deliver the Aquatic First Aid (Level 1) content.
- Have a 16hr (minimum) First Aid Qualification awarded within the last 12 months.
- Have held British Canoeing Level 2 Coach (or higher) for a minimum of two years or an approved coaching qualification with another national organisation for a minimum of two years.
- Have British Canoeing membership.
- Introduction to British Canoeing Lifeguards/AFA
- Start of the process to becoming an AFA L1 Coach
- Transition- from coaching to teaching
- British Canoeing Lifeguard Aquatic First Aid awards
- Resources and Support available
- First Aid in the aquatic environment
- 20 minute micro teaching session
- The Evaluation process during a Level 1 course.
- Administration Procedures for running a course.
- Personal pathway to become an AFA L1 Coach
Candidates who successfully complete the Induction course will progress to Aquatic First Aid Level 1 Trainee Coach status. An Assessment date will be confirmed between the candidate and British Canoeing Tutor. Successful completion of the assessment will progress the candidate to Aquatic First Aid Level 1 Trainer/Coach.
Duration: one-day (7 hours)
Maximum Group size: 4 Candidates per 1 Trainer/Assessor
Assessment method: Activities, test paper, practical assessment
Pre-requisite: Minimum age of 16