Decisive First Aid is an approved training centre with the Awarding Organisation ITC FIRST. We have undergone a thorough due diligence process, so you can have confidence in our service to you, and the quality of our regulated and bespoke courses.
Andrew qualified as a teacher in 1986 and taught in Bath and Gloucester before settling on the provision of emergency care as his preferred career. Andrew qualified as a paramedic in 2001 and has worked frontline in London, the North East and the Home Counties. During 2018 he also worked in the control room, providing clinical advice over the phone.
Andrew started delivering First Aid courses in 2008. Over the years he has been able to refine his work, drawing on his experience as a teacher and a paramedic, to provide a stimulating blend of instruction, demonstration, reflection, practical exercises, powerpoint and scenarios.
Areas of Expertise
- HCPC Registered Paramedic (reg. PA09269)
- Frontline ambulance experience since 1997
- Certificate of Education
- Internal Quality Assessor (ITC and Qualsafe).
- Teaching First Aid since 2008
- British Canoeing Lifeguards Tutor in Aquatic First Aid
- Trainer/Assessor with Lantra Awards.
- BCU 5 star awards in both white water and sea kayaking.
Dave is an HCPC Registered Paramedic & Clinical Advisor currently working operationally for an NHS Ambulance Trust. He started his training career delivering first aid courses, before moving on to teaching and mentoring as part of the Student Paramedic Foundation program. He now also delivers resuscitation training to GP’s, Nurses, Pharmacists and a variety of other health care professionals & support staff. In his spare time, Dave has helped with fundraising for a number of community access defibrillators, and provides familiarisation training in CPR & defibrillation to people in his local community.
Dave combines his background of frontline ambulance practice with his experience in training and education to deliver informative, engaging sessions in a lively and upbeat way.
Areas of expertise:
- HCPC Registered Paramedic (PA23045)
- Award in Education & Training
- IHCD Instructional Methods
- Level 5 - Mentorship in Allied Healthcare Practice - Anglia Ruskin University
- Frontline ambulance experience since 2004
- Teaching First Aid since 2000
- Moving & Handling Instructor